Friday, December 3, 2010

One Reason Why I Hate Technology

When I first got to Clear Creek Baptist Bible College, the rec room was the place to be.  At almost any given point during the day, you could walk in the rec room and find company waiting there to talk to you.  And if you didn't want to talk, you could watch t.v. on the big screen that worked most of the time or play ping-pong or pool or a board games (even though no one really played the board games).

Now when you walk into the once noisy rec room, it is like a ghost town.  The t.v. is on but no one is watching it.  No one is playing  pool or ping-pong.  And if someone wanted to play a board game, they still couldn't because no one would be in there to turn down their offer.  Why is it such a ghost town you ask?  It is a ghost town because there is a wireless signal in every room of Kelly Hall (the male dormitory/cafeteria) and the Courts (the female apartments).  No longer do I have to go to the rec room to access the blessed curse of the internet.  At least when I did go there I had to be at least a little bit social, but not anymore.  Boy do I miss some of those inconveniences.

I have to admit it.  I typed this blog out in my 21st century dorm room where the internet is as abundant as the salmon of Capistrano.  But, I published it from the rec room.

Other inconveniences I miss:
1. Having to wait at my friends house till my parents came and picked me up.
2. Not being able to be contacted no matter how hard somebody tried.
3. Being able to sit down and eat a meal without me or the person I am talking to being distracted by their cell phone or one of the hundreds of t.v.'s in the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment