Sunday, December 5, 2010

Megamind and Corporate Worship

I have never done this before, but today's blog is just a bunch of ideas, suggestions, and questions that have been sweeping across my dome like a woman in the kitchen.  Please know the previous statement was only a joke.  I cannot emphasize enough the fact that the woman in the kitchen thing was only a joke.  Now onward.

1. If you have not seen "Megamind" yet, go see it at the very next possible viewing.  I don't care how far away it is or if it is surrounded by a bunch of hungry crocodiles.  You have to see it.  It is Will Ferrel's best work since "Anchorman."

2. I predict the next big thing in corporate worship will be 3-D projectors.  It will add a whole other dimension to worship.

3. Worshiping God corporately is so much better when I am not trying to decide whether or not someone is truly worshiping or just showing off.  I will never know, neither do I need to know.

4. Though I may not attend Harlan Baptist Church anymore, the body of believers with which I grew up and love, I will continue to pray that God will do amazing things through them.

5. Were we made to glorify God, have relationship with God, both equally, or both unequally?

6. Experiencing God in a very real way is very possible.

7. God is really, really, real.  He is not just a grand idea or an invention of men.  He is more real than the laptop on which I type.

8. Having solid biblical doctrine without an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ is a very sad state in that it is very dangerous and in it one will find no joy.  Likewise, having an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ that is not built on solid biblical doctrine is dangerous and only produces false joy.

9. You may see some of these ideas, suggestions, or questions expounded upon in future blog posts.

10. God wants to use His family in His work on Earth.

11. Don't think of yourself to highly, pride comes before a fall.  Ask Nebuchadnezzar.

12.  One will never find true freedom in Christ until they stop trying to work their way into Heaven.  True freedom is accomplished only by the grace of God.

Comments and questions are much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. You possess wisdom beyond your years. I am proud to be your friend and, not to sound condescending, but I'm proud of you. Your blog is a refreshing addition to the web!

    ReplyDelete