Friday, November 12, 2010

A couple of days ago I signed up to be a "blogger"  and ever since then I have been thinking about what to post as my very first blog.  I have been trying to decide whether I should do an introduction blog where I tell you a little bit about who I am or whether I should jump right in and write about something that has been on my mind.  After minutes of pain staking thought, I have decided to just do both.

The first thing I think I should tell you about myself is that I am a hypocrite.  I admit it.  I tell everyone how I hate technology yet today I am writing my first blog and bought a b-e-a-utiful orange, refurbished, eight gigabyte Ipod Nano that is being shipped to me for free.

The second thing I want to tell you about is that I am a hypocrite.  I admit it.  Ever since I started writing papers some time back in elementary school, I have dreamed of the days I would never have to write again.  Yet here I am, writing something someone will probably never read.

The third thing I want to tell you is that I am a hypocrite.  I admit it.  I mess up...a lot.  But, you know what? Thanks to God, all those times I have messed up and will mess up have been forgotten.   See, by His grace I am saved.  And when I say grace, I mean grace.  I mean I did nothing to deserve it and I didn't buy it with money or good deeds.  I asked for it and He gave it to me.  And thanks to that grace through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus on the cross and His Son's resurrection from the dead, I am alive.

The last thing I want to tell you in this inaugural post is why my blog is called This Old Dome.  This Old Dome is me.  What I write in this blog will be things that I have learned or incites that I have received that all go through This Old Dome.  See, in my vocabulary, the "dome"" is the "head" that you can bump or the "mind" in which one thinks.  And after I got into college, and especially since I am a junior now in college, I like to think of myself as old and wise.  Even though I know I am not, that's what I like to imagine.  Thus, This Old Dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment