Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This Old Dome is No Longer Just a Blog!

I have had the best of intentions to post what I am getting ready to post for weeks (four weeks to be precise).  But I guess it is better late than never to post great news.  The great news I want everyone to know is that This Old Dome is no longer just a blog, it is a basketball team.

Ever since the 2010 Clear Creek intramural season, I have wanted to be the captain of a team in the league.  Well, last year the director of the league didn't ask me to be a captain.  But, this year she did.  So what did I do?  With joy I accepted her offer and named the basketball team This Old Dome.  There is nothing like free advertising!  If you don't like the name, don't worry.  My team doesn't like the name either and they let me know about it.  But hey, one of the best parts about being a captain is being the person who decides the name of the team.

Thankfully, their dislike of the name doesn't curve our basketball skills.  We currently have a record of 3-1 and are ranked second in the league.  OK, so there are only four teams in the league, but second is still not that bad.  Because of a lame Valentine's Day banquet, we will not be playing this Monday.  But, come the week after that, we will be playing our final regular season game against everyones' arch nemesis, the top ranked Faculty/Staff/Family of Faculty and Staff team.  They are a strong team with the most players who have played organized basketball  and two young bucks with an endless supply of energy and speed.  They are not unbeatable, though, and with a strong fast-break defense and a victory in the battle of the boards, we will have a great chance of knocking them off the top.

So, stay tuned in and see how This Old Dome finishes out the season.

1 comment: